The Northumbria Sport Club Development Fund aims to upskill the student workforce to ensure the long-term sustainability of coaching and officiating within your club.
The Club Development Fund can provide funding towards nationally recognised sports coaching and leadership qualifications, conferences, master classes or a club support package to help increase participation and engagement within your sport club.
Who can apply?
- ONLY Northumbria University students who will be registered to study in the 2023-24 academic year can apply to the Club Development Fund
- Students must be a member of a Northumbria Sport Club in 2022-23
*If you are graduating in 2023 and would like to apply for funding, please apply to the Northumbria Sport Leadership Bursary
What can you apply for?
- Workshops, Seminars or Masterclasses
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities (CPD)
Terms and Conditions:
- You must be registered for study at Northumbria University in the academic year 2023-2024
- Applications to the club development fund must be received one month in advance of the course / qualification start date
- You must fully commit to completing the course and ensure you are available on all dates requested, including any assessment dates.
- Provide a minimum number of volunteer hours within your sports club in a coaching or officiating capacity*
- Repay Northumbria Sport in full if the course is not attended or voluntary hours are not complete
£300 - £201 funding awarded – minimum of 20 hours volunteering
*Between £200 - £101 – minimum of 15 hours volunteering
*Between £100 - £10 – minimum of 10 hours volunteering
- Submit your application form at least 1 month prior to the start date of the course.
- You can complete your online application via the link below
- Communication will be sent to you via email with a decision and relevant information after your application is reviewed including a grant letter for you to sign in order to agree to the terms and conditions.
- You must agree to attend a review meeting with a member of the panel after completing your course or reply to an email for feedback from the Northumbria Sport Team
- No applications will be considered for the Club Development fund after the 30th June 2023
Applications will go live from Monday 19th September