Team Northumbria has an athlete centred philosophy, offering performance sport students a unique package of support tailored to meet an athlete’s specific needs.
As a Performance Athlete you'll receive a world-class support package, designed to foster your development and help you achieve your full potential.
- Team Northumbria have carefully selected a number of teams to be part of their High Performance programme.
- These sports have been selected to receive additional support in order for the teams to perform in the competitive sporting landscape.
- A number of key factors will be considered; the team’s performance history, position in the BUCS or National League, whether the team has a training environment and programme that reflects a performance programme, the percentage of athletes currently part of an NGB pathway.
- All students that secure a place on a High Performance Squad (HPS) will receive a squad based package of support services.
The package of support includes;
2-3 weekly squad based strength & conditioning sessions
Access to physiotherapy (at training & matches)
Squad based Performance Analysis
Free sports membership (£260)
Team and individual sports psychology
Squad based education workshops (Recovery, Nutrition, Anti-doping)
Athlete kit package
HPS Student Athlete Scholars
- Athletes who are part of a HPS can apply for additional support.
- These students should meet the criteria set out by the Head Coach and Performance Manager.
- Athletes awarded a HPS Student Athlete Scholarship will receive financial support ranging from £250 to full fee scholarships, as well as extra physiotherapy provision.
- All other services offered will be squad based.
<Insert image with caption ‘Scholarships – find out more about the scholarships on offer’ and link to Scholarships page>