Our Focus Sport Athletes and many of our Sport Clubs access our range of Athlete Support Services
Strength and Conditioning
At Northumbria University we offer strength and conditioning support to our performance athletes and selected teams to enhance performance and reduce the risk of injury. Our qualified S&C coaches will also work closely with our team of physiotherapist and sport science experts to make sure that athletes are getting the best out of their training programme.
We aim to improve our athletes understanding of strength and conditioning by supporting them to develop their training skills and knowledge in order to increase their capacity for training.
Improvement in these factors will result in development of physical abilities such as:
- Endurance/Durability/Work capacity
- Movement and Mobility
- Stability and Robustness
- Strength and Power
Our programme includes
- One to one or group coaches sessions
- Dedicated strength & conditioning suite with 6 Olympic lifting platforms
- Biomechanical screening
- Individualised gym and pitch based training programmes
- Performance testing and monitoring