The Foundation raises funds from a range of sources including grants and donations. However, the main way in which income is generated is through the active involvement of students in fundraising activities and events. Such involvement is a very valuable way in which students can gain enterprise and employability skills, which help them during and beyond their university lives. A large part of the fundraising involves students undertaking sponsored physical challenges under the theme of ‘Challenge Yourself and Create Moments’. A calendar of events is organised throughout the year, with examples being Coast2Coast and the Great North Run.
Getting involved in fundraising is a great way to meet people, have fun and improve your CV. We are hosting a wide range of events this year and if you are interested, contact us about getting involved! Whether you want to physically challenge yourself or just have fun, there will be an event that is perfect for you. Check out our event timetable to see what events are coming up! Taking part in our fundraising events will give you a real sense of achievement and create fantastic memories that you will talk about for a long time.
- 3rd November 2016 - Students vs Staff event
- 9th December 2016 - All university Christmas Jumper Day
- 16th December 2016 - Bauble football
- February 2017 - TN vs North
- 4th March 2017 - Mad March Mare
- 12th April 2017 - Dodgeball
- 27th May 2017 - 3 Peaks Challenge
- 10th September 2017 - Great North Run